What if I don’t have off-campus internet access?
Connectivity resources in response to COVID – 19:
A recent FCC agreement stating that providers will waive late fees, not cut off service for lack of payment and open hot-spots will provide significant relief for students, faculty and staff. The list below is fluid so please check with your cell and/or internet provider for specific offerings. Below is a compiled list of companies and their offerings as of March 13, 2020.
- Comcast COVID-19 response: offers free WiFi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time.
- Company Opens Xfinity WiFi Network Nationally for Free, Offers Unlimited Data for Free, Confirms Its Commitment to Connecting Low-Income Families
- On the heels of offering new, low-income Internet Essentials customers two months of free internet and raising the speed of that program’s service to 25/3 Mbps, Comcast today announced additional steps to help ensure people stay connected to the Internet as more schools suspend classes and companies encourage employees to work from home due to the Coronavirus.
- Charter Free Internet: offers 2 months free internet; requires calling in to their number and setting up a new account.
- Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
- Charter will open its Wi-Fi hotspots across our footprint for public use.
- Spectrum does not have data caps or hidden fees.
- AT&T COVID-19 response: offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families.
- AT&T is proud to support our customers by pledging that, for the next 60 days, we will:
- Not terminate the service of any wireless, home phone or broadband residential or small business customer because of their inability to pay their bill due to disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Waive any late payment fees that any wireless, home phone or broadband residential or small business customer may incur because of economic hardship related to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Keep our public Wi-Fi hotspots open for any American who needs them.
- Verizon COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement
- Verizon’s home broadband plans offer unlimited data for all of your work from home or remote learning needs. For our wireless consumer and business customers, our unlimited plans include wifi hotspot capabilities, allowing you to connect devices such as laptops and tablets via wifi.
- Sprint COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- Sprint signed FCC Chairman Ajit Pai’s Keep Americans Connected Pledge. For the next 60 days, we will support our residential and small business customers by: Not terminating service if they are unable to pay their Sprint bill because of the coronavirus, and waiving late fees incurred because of economic circumstances related to the pandemic.
- Starting on Tuesday, customers with international long distance calling plans will receive complimentary international calling rates from the U.S. to countries defined by the CDC as Level 3.
- By next Thursday: Customers with metered data plans will receive unlimited data per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost. We will provide customers with an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot data per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
- Coming soon: Customers with mobile hotspot-capable handsets who don’t have mobile hotspot today will now get 20GB as well per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
- T-Mobile COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge .
- ALL current T-Mobile customers on plans that currently have data are provided the unlimited connectivity they need to learn and work.
- Starting now – ALL current T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers who have plans with data will have unlimited smartphone data for the next 60 days (excluding roaming).
- Providing T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot / tethering service for the next 60 days – coming soon.
- Working with our Lifeline partners to provide customers extra free data up to 5GB of data per month over the next two months.